[clug] Programming SIG for December 2008

Paul Wayper paulway at mabula.net
Tue Dec 9 23:47:22 GMT 2008

 I haven't seen the usual automated reminder, so I'll send it out
manually:
 It's hacking time!
 In the past year or more, the Programming SIG has been
 mostly talk and little action. We intend to change this
 for this meeting with a general hackfest. What does this
 mean? Quite simply, bring along your computer and work
 on your favourite project. If you can't bring a
 computer, hover over someone's shoulder and try Extreme
 Programming. During the evening we'll be ordering
 traditional hacking fuels and people will be encouraged
 to write up details about what they're working on on
 the whiteboard. See if you can get someone to help you
 fix that knotty problem you've been struggling with!
 If you don't have a project, have a look at the
 Club-In-A-Box project (Project page:
 http://tangram.dnsalias.net/trac/clubinabox , Subversion
 repository:
 http://tangram.dnsalias.net/repos/clubinabox). We're
 aiming to make a fully featured club management and web
 services system, starting with a meeting manager that
 tracks meetings from ideas into events in a regular
 calendar.
 ******* IT'S AT THE ANU N101 MEETING ROOM *******
 Yes, once again we're meeting somewhere else for this
 one. Due to the availability of high-speed internet and
 Bob's fanatical devotion to coding, we will be starting
 at 7PM at the regular CLUG meeting room.