[clug] EeePC 1000s?

Chris Smart mail at christophersmart.com
Thu Aug 28 06:49:42 GMT 2008

2008/8/28 jm <jeffm at ghostgun.com>:
> Seems TWA can only got the EEE PC 1000HD for $687 inc gst. Yeah, that's
> the windows version. Sorry about that don't seem to be able to help. One
> story I've heard has it that there is a shortage of the linux versions.
> Then again I'm looking at getting the EEE Box (which only comes in an XP
> version :-( )  to use as a server at home once linux has been installed.

No probs, thanks for trying. They sure seem to be elusive little suckers.

JB Hifi told me they that they would be coming in a few months after
the Windows version. Then a few months went by and they told me "head
office decided not to sell the Linux version." Gah.

Anyone else with some ideas, please let me know!

-c