[clug] cobalt lcd interface

Alastair D'Silva alastair at newmillennium.net.au
Wed Aug 27 11:56:13 GMT 2008

[mailto:linux-bounces+clug=d-silva.org at lists.samba.org] On Behalf Of jm
> Sent: Wednesday, 27 August 2008 4:21 PM
> To: CLUG List
> Subject: [clug] cobalt lcd interface
<snip>
> Assumming this all works out there's a nice front panels on these things
> with a 2 line LCD and buttons which would be a shame to waste. Does
> anyone know where I can locate information on the pinouts and driving
> the front panel on a Cobalt Raq 4?

I use lcd4linux to drive the display on my Dell XPS M1730 - it's probably a
good place to start:
https://ssl.bulix.org/projects/lcd4linux/

The displays you have are probably standard(ish) Hitachi style displays,
which can be bodged onto a parallel port:
https://ssl.bulix.org/projects/lcd4linux/wiki/HD44780

It's probably not quite the answer you were after, but it's a starting
point.

Cheers,

--
Alastair D'Silva