[clug] programs on abc iview or a myth request

Hal Ashburner hal.ashburner at gmail.com
Thu Aug 21 05:55:50 GMT 2008

Paul wrote:
> I actually did record it on mythTV box. actually I'm not sure who
> recorded it.
> As to Iview I assume thats flash based, so you would probably need to
> a browser to render it.
If it's like youtube, a .flv (flashvideo?) file then you don't need a
browser. VLC, xine, totem (using gstreamer), and mplayer will all play
them just fine. There are firefox plugins that will allow you to save
flash files to disk or you can find them in /tmp or in .mozilla/firefox
someplace once you've played them.