[clug] ATI drivers and Ubuntu/linux in general

Andrew Janke a.janke at gmail.com
Tue Aug 19 02:17:00 GMT 2008

2008/6/23 Andrew Janke <a.janke at gmail.com>:
> On Fri, Jun 20, 2008 at 23:02, Chris Smart <chris at kororaa.org> wrote:
>> But, it shouldn't be too hard to try as apt-get build-dep
>> xserver-xorg-video-ati should still bring in all required dev libs. Then
>> just try your old package with checkinstall or something?
>
> Well thanks for all the replies, in the end I just went and bit the
> bullet..  For those who also might happen to want to do this  (or are
> using the google) here is what I did:

And now for an even more impressive update (for those playing google
who might also have this problem).  I downloaded the latest Intrepid
Alpha 4 release last night for a bit of a fiddle on advice that the
ATI driver had been much updated.

No joy with the Live CD getting dual external monitors working but I
then installed the thing used a bog-stock xorg.conf and then did this:

xrandr --output TMDS --off
xrandr --output VGA-0 --mode 1280x1024 --output DVI-0 --mode 1600x1200
--pos 1280x0

and it worked. YAY!

Kudos to whoever it is slaving away at the ATI drivers.

--
(a.janke at gmail.com || http://a.janke.googlepages.com/)
Canberra->Australia +61 (402) 700 883