[clug] Printer recommendations

Rodney Peters rodneyp at pcug.org.au
Tue Aug 5 04:20:14 GMT 2008

I have the multifunction version of the Samsung CLP-300.  Its functions and
OSD work quite well via the binary drivers from Samsung.  It is not a
postscript device.

The CLP-350N is postscript and has a different, more economical print engine,
but is much more expensive.

Other low cost linux-compatible printers include the Brother 2060/2160,
most of the Samsung ML series and Samsung SCX4200 multifunction.

Be certain to check openprinting.org first.

Rod