[clug] How to execute batch on samba clients(windows)

Daniel Rose drose at nla.gov.au
Tue Apr 29 06:41:19 GMT 2008

Sukhee wrote:
> Hello,
> I am trying to execute batch file on samba clients (windows) connected to my
> samba server.
> I have the IP list of connected clients but can't execute anything on them.
> I am kinda newbie to linux. Can anyone please help me
> Thank you

For a login script that runs on the windows machine when the user logs in, that's part of Samba:

http://www.oreilly.com/catalog/samba/chapter/book/ch06_06.html

But what you want, I suppose, is a linux copy of psexec.

Let me know if you find one, I don't know of anything that can launch programs remotely on windows, except psexec on windows.

I think psexec uses RPC; It's possible that someone somewhere can reverse engineer psexec and reimplem-  Pardon?

Oh, ok.  In news just to hand, someone smarter than me has made one for us both!

http://eol.ovh.org/winexe/

Never used it of course, so can't comment on robustness etc etc.  Looks like it's source code only ATM.  Good Luck!

--
Daniel Rose
National Library of Australia