[clug] Hard drive wanted

Paul Wayper paul.wayper at anu.edu.au
Tue Sep 18 02:52:57 GMT 2007

Pilcher, Fred wrote:
> A colleague of mine has a 250GB hard drive whose circuit board committed
> suicide. The drive's got a lot of important stuff on it so he's trying
> to chase up another identical drive whose circuit board he can swap over
> to recover his data.
>
> If anyone has one of the above that they'd be prepared to swap, he's
> offering a brand new 350GB drive in exchange.

Hi Fred,

I have two of these at home - according to smartctl:

=== START OF INFORMATION SECTION ===
Model Family:     Seagate Barracuda 7200.8 family
Device Model:     ST3250823A
Serial Number:    3ND01DCJ
Firmware Version: 3.01
User Capacity:    250,059,350,016 bytes

=== START OF INFORMATION SECTION ===
Model Family:     Seagate Barracuda 7200.8 family
Device Model:     ST3250823A
Serial Number:    5ND0Y73D
Firmware Version: 3.03
User Capacity:    250,059,350,016 bytes

I couldn't tell you the part number without actually looking at them,
but I can do a swap for you.  I will, however, need the 350GB drive in
advance, as those drives are currently storing my MythTV shows on LVM.

HTH,

Paul