[clug] Re: linux Digest, Vol 59, Issue 10

Ross Ford rford at redhat.com
Thu Nov 8 12:10:39 GMT 2007

Hello CLUGers,
for anyone who is interested in Open Source Java, we have a senior
Development Manager in town next Wednesday.
He will also be presenting to the Canberra Java Users Group Wednesday
night. see www.cjugaustralia.org. No sales or marketing in these
presentations.
regards
Ross Ford

The
Benefits of Open Source SOA

This
session will explore the benefits that an Open Source based SOA can
bring to the Enterprise. We will share some of the experiences learned
during the migration from closed source, in designing technical and
business services, implementing JBoss products such as JBPM and the use
of Web Services to deliver process-driven business value. Finally, we
will look at how JBoss ESB is positioned to be the foundation of our SOA
Infrastructure.

What
you
need
do
If
you
know
of
other people inside and outside your organisation who will benefit from
this event, forward this invitation to them.

CANBERRA
Date:
Wednesday, 14 November, 2007
Location:
The National Library
Conference Room, 4th Floor
Parkes Place, PARKES ACT

Time:
3PM – 5PM

Click HERE to register!

SPEAKER
Bruno Georges
Technical Development Manager,
JBoss Enterprise Frameworks
JBoss (a division of Red Hat)
Mr
Bruno Georges has over 14 years IT experience working in the Banking,
Trading, Insurance and Telco industries. He was primarily involved in
Architecting eCommerce Solutions and managing Software Development
Teams.

Since 2001, Bruno has spoken at numerous international conferences about
Web Services standards, Enterprise Application Integration and the
adoption of open source technologies. Before joining Red Hat, he was
heading the Application Development Group at Glencore International AG
where he led and promoted the adoption of an Opensource based SOA. Prior
to Glencore, Mr Georges was the Lead Architect at XBridge Ltd, the UK's
Leading SME Finance Portal. He also served in a number of major
Investment banking and Insurance Companies. Bruno has studied at the
University of London, Université Paris Sud (Paris XI) and Université de
Liège.

This email is
intended for
people who