[clug] RedHat Shenanigans.

Tony Breeds tony at bakeyournoodle.com
Thu Nov 8 21:58:44 GMT 2007

On Thu, Nov 08, 2007 at 10:35:53PM +1100, Andrew Janke wrote:

> Just wondering if anyone can point me in the right direction to find a
> certain RPM (php-gd) for a RHEL ES 4 machine that I have been asked to
> mess with.
>
> It is running php 4.3.9-3.18   (yes, old) and this I suspect I need this:
>
>    php-gd-4.3.9-3.18.i386.rpm

Looks to me that you actually want the packages in:
https://rhn.redhat.com/errata/RHSA-2007-0890.html

> I have found the SRPM for this but of course then I would have to find
> a bunch of dependencies.  Pity there is also no yum on this machine.
> :(   This of course is reminding me time and time again of why I
> shifted to debian all those years ago. :)

You should be able to get this machine onto the redhat network (assuming
you can find the installation number).  From there you're only an
up2date away from having the packages you want.

Failing that you /might/ have luck installing the CentOS packages (any
centos mirror should do)

If all else fails call redhat?

Yours Tony

  linux.conf.au        http://linux.conf.au/ || http://lca2008.linux.org.au/
  Jan 28 - Feb 02 2008 The Australian Linux Technical Conference!