[clug] OOXML

MC crash at michaelcarden.net
Thu May 24 05:40:54 GMT 2007

On Tuesday 22 May 2007 20:37, jim wrote:
> Does anyone know what is happening similar to described here (item of
> sat 19 May)?
>
> http://blog.janik.cz/

A couple of months back I spent an afternoon with a techy guy from Redmond who
was out here promoting the technical awesomeness of ooxml. I didn't envy him
the task. Apparently they run a five day course on it for software developers
and we tried to cram the same content into half a day. I'll happily discuss
it at a clug meeting with anyone who cares.

> I am wondering where things are handled locally about this?

Standards Australia looks after Australia's response to the ecma/ms proposal
and lodged Australia's initial objections at the start of this year. They
sought and received input from all manner of interested groups around
Australia.

I'm not sure what their position is right now though.

Cheers,

MC