[clug] FOSS patent infringements

Jason j.lee.nielsen at gmail.com
Wed May 16 02:58:35 GMT 2007

So maybe what is needed, (apart from the complete abolishment of software patents and the extreme shortening of the exclusive rights period for all patents ) is for a time period to be set so that after say 3 years of a company being aware of others using their patent without taking formal legal action to attempt to stop it they loose the right to that patent. I'm sure there would be a good case or two to found in property law and squatters rights stuff.

Jason