[clug] IPTables question

Craig Small csmall at enc.com.au
Sat May 12 13:36:01 GMT 2007

On Sat, May 12, 2007 at 09:06:54PM +1000, Michael Cohen wrote:
>   I am trying to add logging to my iptables firewall. I can use the LOG action
>   when placed in front of any rule which will log a message whenever a packet
>   (or established session) matches that rule in that chain. However I want to
>   be able to tell the length of connections and the amount of traffic exchanged
nocat, or its various alternatives does this. It is is used for a
wireless ISP gateway thing, but I'm pretty sure it did accounting based
on times as well as bytes.

I wrote something many years ago, but it used a login page for the start
and some sort of idle timeout for the stop.

  - Craig

--
Craig Small      GnuPG:1C1B D893 1418 2AF4 45EE  95CB C76C E5AC 12CA DFA5
http://www.enc.com.au/                             csmall at : enc.com.au