[clug] Ergonomic keyboards

Michael James clug3 at james.st
Thu May 10 01:56:43 GMT 2007

On Thursday 10 May 2007 11:10, Michael Cohen wrote:
> I have recently decided to try remapping the caplock key to ctrl as
> recommended to me by lots of people. The first couple of week were really
> weird, but after a while it started to get better and better. Caplock is
> truely a useless key (its probably only useful for noobs on irc).

My approach was to fill capslock with enough bluetack
 that it ceases to be a problem. You get the tactile feedback
 of a stubbed finger too, helps train fingers not to hit it
 on a keyboard without a safety catch.

Seriously though, have you got those mappings available?
I'd like to try them.

On a similar subject, anyone worked on mouse button mappings?

I've also got a Logitech MX_revolution. Has a spinable scroll-wheel.
With "revoco" I can get the wheel button doing centre-click,
 most of the time, until it decides to revert to switching
 between free-spinning mode and click mode.

I'd like to map the button above the scroll-wheel
 to reliably work as centre-click.

--
Konqueror has gotten so clever for its own boots
  that it has forgotten what a web browser is for.