[clug] Ergonomic keyboards

Michael James clug3 at james.st
Thu May 10 00:04:32 GMT 2007

Hey, here's something that Microsoft do Very well, Keyboards!

I've just gotten a "Microsoft Natural Ergonomic Keyboard 4000 v1.0".
(USB based, $69 from the ANU Union PC shop)

It's way different from anything I've seen before,
 but as soon as you lay your hands on it
 you wonder why all keyboards aren't like this.

It has a raised front edge with a nice wrist-rest,
 and the keys slope down to the sides and back.

Wrists dead straight, no twisting to flatten hands.

Key action is superb, nice, springy, yields-all-at-once.

In comfort, it's like a couch to a kitchen chair.

--
Konqueror has gotten so clever for its own boots
  that it has forgotten what a web browser is for.