[clug] Oracle on Linux [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]

Paul TBBle Hampson Paul.Hampson at Pobox.com
Wed May 9 04:36:21 GMT 2007

On Mon, May 07, 2007 at 10:01:51AM +1000, Rousak, Boris wrote:
> Has anyone tried the whole Oracle on Linux thing?

I'm late, but I've got an Oracle x86_64 setup on a Debian/Etch
AMD64 install without any problems.

Well, the init script is a little flakey, as many have noted,
although I'm not using the Oracle one, but one I found on a
website [1].

[1] http://alioth.debian.org/~intero-guest/oracle_amd64.txt

Paul "TBBle" Hampson, B.Sc, LPI, MCSE
On-hiatus Asian Studies student, ANU
Paul.Hampson at Pobox.Com

Of course Pacman didn't influence us as kids. If it did,
we'd be running around in darkened rooms, popping pills and
listening to repetitive music.
 -- Kristian Wilson, Nintendo, Inc, 1989

License: http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/2.1/au/