[clug] Ubuntu 7.04

Rainer Klein rklein at tpg.com.au
Tue May 1 01:12:15 GMT 2007

Bob,

The Knoppix community has worked out some clever concepts. There Wiki is

	http://www.knoppix.net/wiki/Main_Page
and
	http://www.knoppix.net/wiki/USB_Based_FAQ

There are multiple articles as early as from 2003 liket:

	Running KNOPPIX from HD or CF Without Actually Installing it
	@ http://staff.washington.edu/gray/KnoppixCFguide.html

or
	A Nearly Noiseless Knoppix Server
	@ http://staff.washington.edu/gray/kserver.html

or this article on

	Building a solid-state mini-ITX Linux recording studio
	@ http://linuxdevices.com/articles/AT8275095591.html

There is also a specific Linux project called:

	Compact Flash Linux Project
@
http://linux.softpedia.com/get/System/Operating-Systems/Linux-Distributions/Compact-Flash-Linux-Project-2064.shtml

Other distributions specialized in running on Via & compact flash:

	Welcome to iMedia Linux @ http://www.imedialinux.com/

Hope this helps a little.

Cheers,
Rainer