[clug] MtM - content update

Chris Smart chris at kororaa.org
Fri Mar 16 12:51:15 GMT 2007

On Fri, 2007-03-16 at 10:58 +1100, Algis Kabaila wrote:
> Hi Chris - nice to hear from you.  I did look at your work on MtM and liked
> it.  O moderate language is far more effective than the the message "you
> silly old f...ts", even when expressed in a more civil language.
Hi Al,
Glad you liked the site. Lots more work to do on it, but it's getting
there.

> You do have heaps of comments, so I did not feel inclined to add my two cents
> worth, particularly since the site looks really nice!
On the contrary, I'd appreciate your comments and suggestions :)

> I read on your long discourse on NVIDIA kernel package.  I am not clear on the
> outcome.  On my PC to run Koroora  (spelling?) meaningfully, I need to
> install NVIDIA driver.  For  SuSE I simply download it from NVIDIA and
> install it, ethical considerations notwithstanding.  Would this work Koroora?
> (Pardon my ignorance of the kernel stuff.)
Spelt 'Kororaa' (which is the Maori word for the fairy penguin / little
blue penguin) and in my opinion it's easier to install the nvidia driver
under Gentoo than under Suse. All you have to do is run the install
commands:
emerge nvidia-drivers nvidia-settings ; nvidia-config

then restart your X server.

> My absence in meeting is simply because currently I have too many
> medical/dental/physio/podiatry appointments that often clash with more
> pleasant meetings.  To boot, we have a couple of people of our grand-children
> generation comming from Europe to stay with us for a few days (or weeks?).
> Actually, they should be in Jolymont bus depo in 90 minutes.
I see. The life of a busy retiree! Well I hope to see you at the next
Linux Learners group :)

> Cheers and keep up the good work!
Thanks Al.

Cheers,