[clug] MtM - content update

Algis Kabaila akabaila at pcug.org.au
Thu Mar 15 23:58:27 GMT 2007

On Thursday 15 March 2007 23:31, Chris Smart wrote:
> On Thu, 2007-03-15 at 16:56 +1100, Algis Kabaila wrote:
> > The last bit of info is no longer accurate, strictly speaking.  Now
Knoppix,
> > too, can be installed!  Even an old codger like I can do that with a
little
> > bit of luck.  I did it once, without great disasters.
> >
> > IMHO it is enough to mention that a particular distro is distributed as
live,
> > installable CD.
> Hey Al, missed you today at Linux Learners. Yes you are right, though I
> guess Knoppix is primarily a livecd distribution, that you can install,
> as opposed to a distribution that has an instrallable livecd.. but
> you're right I guess.
>
> Cheers
> Chris
> >
> > OldAl.

Hi Chris - nice to hear from you.  I did look at your work on MtM and liked
it.  O moderate language is far more effective than the the message "you
silly old f...ts", even when expressed in a more civil language.

You do have heaps of comments, so I did not feel inclined to add my two cents
worth, particularly since the site looks really nice!

I read on your long discourse on NVIDIA kernel package.  I am not clear on the
outcome.  On my PC to run Koroora  (spelling?) meaningfully, I need to
install NVIDIA driver.  For  SuSE I simply download it from NVIDIA and
install it, ethical considerations notwithstanding.  Would this work Koroora?
(Pardon my ignorance of the kernel stuff.)

My absence in meeting is simply because currently I have too many
medical/dental/physio/podiatry appointments that often clash with more
pleasant meetings.  To boot, we have a couple of people of our grand-children
generation comming from Europe to stay with us for a few days (or weeks?).
Actually, they should be in Jolymont bus depo in 90 minutes.

Cheers and keep up the good work!

OldAl.

--
Algis Kabaila (Dr)