[clug] June CLUG Programmers' Special Interest Group meeting

Paul Wayper paulway at mabula.net
Mon Jun 11 22:00:01 GMT 2007

	CLUG Programmers' Special Interest Group Meeting - 14th June 2007

Date:		14th June 2007 (Second Thursday of the month)

Time:		18:30 - 21:00 (or when it finishes)

Speaker:	Paul Wayper

Abstract:
		Source Control using Subversion.

		Although source control is a great thing, a lot of us
		still don't use it as much as we should. For some,
		using subversion may be limited to checking out the
		latest MPlayer or MythTV code. And we often worry that
		source control is difficult - it takes too much time, it
		involves lots of fiddly commands, and it still ends up
		with confusion and drama.

		This talk is aimed at teaching you the basics of using
		Subversion to manage your own source code. I'll start
		by showing you how to set up a Subversion server and
		sample repository. Then you can use my own 'test'
		repository to look at checking out source code, working
		with it, and committing your changes. We'll also look
		at code branches and cross-committing. If there's time
		we'll cover working with others, and what to do if
		someone else's revision conflicts with your work.

		You'll be able to follow along on your own machine as
		well as watch the presentation on the projector.

Venue:		Canberra City Pancake Parlour

		Find platform 4 in the City Interchange (see map below)
		and then look for the Pancake Parlour sandwich board.
		At the bottom of the stairs, look for the PSIG sign on
		the counter and a stuffed penguin in the indicated
		direction.

		http://tinyurl.com/dyexl

Food/drink:	The Pancake Parlour has a large variety of food and
		drink available, so bring some cash and grab a bite
		to eat or drink.

If you would like to give a talk at a future meeting, please email me.