[clug] Automated install and maintenance

Pietro Abate Pietro.Abate at anu.edu.au
Fri Jun 1 08:31:36 GMT 2007

On Fri, Jun 01, 2007 at 02:49:30PM +1000, Andrew Janke wrote:
>   1) config files
>   2) users and passwords
>   3) packages
>   4) Applications (Sun grid engine, etc)

In the last few weeks I worked with gosa http://www.gosa-project.org/
a project used by the Munich city council to handle their cluster
of FAI-installed workstations. It basically stores everything in a ldap
directory and uses a tidy web interface to create/remove/modify users,
mail, applications, workstations, packages, etc.

I've used it in a xen environment, so everything was pretty homogeneous,
but it has potentiality to scale well in a mixed environment.

pietro

--
++ Blog: http://blog.rsise.anu.edu.au/?q=pietro
++