[clug] Research has shown that epigenetic mechanisms provide an 'extra' layer of transcriptional control that regulates how genes are expressed.

Ian darkstarsword at gmail.com
Sun Jul 8 15:32:32 GMT 2007

What an incoherent email, I wonder what the point of it was? A secret
code used by an international terror network perhaps? Or maybe a
marketing ploy for some upcoming product that only people who follow
those references will understand?

/me notices that according to the mail headers it originated from
37.203.44.166, which whois identifies as being IANA RESERVED-37, and
therefore AFAIK should not even be in use yet:

So, apparently originated from an invalid IP, _possibly_ in Japan,
sent through a server in Poland to the Canberra Linux Users Group in
Australia for something that's going to happen in Bangkok, Thailand on
Monday (9th?) July 2007... Strange...

-Ian

On 09/07/07, Dunlap <ucy at ms48.hinet.net> wrote:
> VPSN WILL MOVE LIKE A COMET AND ITS ONLY GOING TO GET BETTER! Watch this
> SUPERNOVA closely MONDAY!
>
> VISION AIRSHIPS INC
> Symbol: VPSN
> Price: $0.021
>
> BANGKOK, THAILAND, July 2007
> Advertising Agencies Ready to Ink Deals!
>
> The company wishes to announce that it is in final negotiations for
> representation with some of the world's largest advertising agencies to
> market and reserve the blimps for there clients.
>
> VPSN THE RISING STAR, IS SET FOR SUPERNOVA STATUS ON MONDAY!
>
> Most would say not, but most, I'm prepared to bet, are lying.
>
> the discovery will allow scientists to monitor the progression of the
> prostate from a normal to a diseased state for the first time.
>
> " Much of embryonic stem cell research at this time is aimed at
> understanding the progression of disease.
>
> A version two, with the benefit of greater editing experience and some
> fresh eyes on the interviews would be a worthy project.
> - change if we are to see great strides in extending the healthy human
> life span, in fighting the horrors of degenerative aging and winning,
> within our lifetime. You'll find a brace of links in the following Fight
> Aging! phpShare them liberally!
>
> If the notion of cancer stem cells is correct, how can they be
> eliminated without also killing the normal stem cells that are vital for
> maintaining the body's tissues?
>
> A version two, with the benefit of greater editing experience and some
> fresh eyes on the interviews would be a worthy project. It may be more
> difficult to adjust to abrupt fertility changes than to anticipated
> increases in life expectancy due to mortality change .
> At the heart of every tumor, some researchers believe, lie a handful of
> aberrant stem cells that maintain the malignant tissue.
>
> htmlWhat's the point of success and wealth if you don't use that wealth
> to make a difference? In the new work, the researchers used this
> short-lived fish to test the effects of resveratrol on aging-related
> physiological decay.
>
> Given such a starting point, research is startlingly fast, but obtaining
> that starting point can be slow indeed.
> This EurekAlert report looks at research in short-lived fish: "Recently,
> a small fish species with a captive lifespan of only three months was
> described by Cellerino and colleagues.
>
> There's a lot to be said for this sort of community anthropology as a
> way of effectively delivering a message to a wider audience: radical
> life extension is a noble, plausible, possible goal. This longitudinal
> study of the elderly and oldest old does not support the hypothesis that
> telomere length is a predictor for remaining lifespan once age is
> controlled for.
>
> I do not believe that any plan relying on a sea change in human nature
> will work, however. It may be more difficult to adjust to abrupt
> fertility changes than to anticipated increases in life expectancy due
> [...]

On the day *I* go to work for Microsoft, faint oinking sounds will be
heard from far overhead, the moon will not merely turn blue but
develop polkadots, and hell will freeze over so solid the brimstone
will go superconductive.
     -- Erik Raymond, 2005