[clug] Research has shown that epigenetic mechanisms provide an 'extra' layer of transcriptional control that regulates how genes are expressed.

Kim Holburn kim.holburn at gmail.com
Sun Jul 8 18:36:06 GMT 2007

It's just spam.  Share spam.  Not very interesting really.  Or
perhaps slightly interesting in that it seemed to get through my spam
filters which is fairly rare.

On 2007/Jul/08, at 5:32 PM, Ian wrote:
> What an incoherent email, I wonder what the point of it was? A secret
> code used by an international terror network perhaps? Or maybe a
> marketing ploy for some upcoming product that only people who follow
> those references will understand?
>
> /me notices that according to the mail headers it originated from
> 37.203.44.166, which whois identifies as being IANA RESERVED-37, and
> therefore AFAIK should not even be in use yet:

The earliest received header you can trust is this one from samba.org:

	by lists.samba.org (Postfix) with SMTP id 51AF3162AE8
	for <linux at lists.samba.org>; Sun,  8 Jul 2007 14:17:24 +0000 (GMT)

The previous one is either fake or a badly configured internal network.

It comes from a DSL connection in Poland.  Probably a trojaned home
windows box.

You wouldn't trust what it said, would you?

> So, apparently originated from an invalid IP, _possibly_ in Japan,
> sent through a server in Poland to the Canberra Linux Users Group in
> Australia for something that's going to happen in Bangkok, Thailand on
> Monday (9th?) July 2007... Strange...
>
> -Ian
>
> On 09/07/07, Dunlap <ucy at ms48.hinet.net> wrote:
>> VPSN WILL MOVE LIKE A COMET AND ITS ONLY GOING TO GET BETTER!
>> Watch this
>> SUPERNOVA closely MONDAY!
>>
>> VISION AIRSHIPS INC
>> Symbol: VPSN
>> Price: $0.021
>>
>> BANGKOK, THAILAND, July 2007
>> Advertising Agencies Ready to Ink Deals!

....spam snippy...