[clug] TGA - 1 x 1GB SO-DIMM - update

Chris Smart chris at kororaa.org
Wed Feb 28 08:52:04 GMT 2007

Update:
I have one ram SIMM left.

I gave away one which worked (passed memtest) in a Dell 6400 laptop, but
it _only_ passed when used in conjunction with another SIMM that was
running at 533MHZ (i.e therefore forcing the new SIMM to run at a slower
speed). So running the new SIMMs at 533MHz instead of 667 seems to work
well. Just to re-cap, memtest failed when the new SIMM was on its own
(and was therefore running at 667 MHz), but worked at 533MHz.

So if anyone has a laptop that uses DDR2 533MHz ram, but not 667, then
this ram might work well in your laptop.

Still it might also work in someone's laptop that uses 667, so if you're
interested let me know!

Cheers,
Chris