[clug] etch and egroupware, a sad story

Sam Couter sam at couter.id.au
Tue Feb 20 11:19:44 GMT 2007

Chris Smart <chris at kororaa.org> wrote:
> So I was looking for egroupware in etch but it's no-where to be seen.
> "It's in sarge so why on earth not in etch?" I thought to myself. It's
> also in sid, but etch? Nope.

[ ... ]

> That's why we have no egroupware in etch. Bugger.
>
> Looks like it's tarball time for me :)

If it's in sid, why not use that version? Apt has several mechanisms for
cherry-picking package version from different archives if you're scared
of the rest of sid.

If the dependencies get too hairy, backporting the sid package will
probably be easier than manually managing a tarball install.
Sam Couter         |  mailto:sam at couter.id.au