[clug] mythtv

Nicolas Cherbuin n.cherbuin at anu.edu.au
Sun Feb 18 01:40:20 GMT 2007

Dear CLUGers,

I am still recovering from a MythTV upgrade that Leigh and Paul kindly
tried very hard to resolve for me. One critical recent step was to abandon
to try and get my Shuttle on board radeon TV out to work and use instead
the VGA output and buy a 24" monitor. The image is now good but I have a
couple of issues to fix.

When I am viewing a program I can tell mythtv to record it and when I exit
I can view it and go back to watching tv after that. Although it seems
that if I don't record it the normal myth file that enables replay, etc.
stays in the recordings folder. This used not to be the case but I think
that this is a normal new behaviour. The main problem is when I schedule a
recording. The program is not recorded but there is a field in the
database pointing to the program but showing that it is empty. In
addition, when this happens I cannot watch tv again without rebooting
because Myth tells me that all the inputs are already in use. I thought
that it might be a permission problem so I changed all permission of the
myth data folder to mythtv:mythtv. It did not fix my problem.   Logging
out or restarting Mythbackend is not enough, I have to reboot. Any ideas?

Not directly related but very annoying, I have tried to auto-login (in
Ubuntu edgy). I have used gdmsetup but although I can tick autologin there
is no user in the pulldown menu to choose the user. In the next tab
however mythtv is selected as an available user. I have googled but not
found a way around this. I have tried to edit the gdm.config-custom and
put: AutomaticLogin=mythtv but this causes the default Ubuntu login window
to crash (fortunately the gnome login window then takes over and I can
still login).

Any help is appreciated

Cheers

Nic