[clug] Re: Linux Systems Administrator Canberra

Alex Satrapa grail at goldweb.com.au
Thu Feb 15 03:04:44 GMT 2007

On 15/02/2007, at 12:46 , Michael Tomkins wrote:

> They have values too!
> "NICTA is an exciting, empowering and creative environment..."
> http://nicta.com.au/director/aboutnicta/our%20values.cfm BINGO!

Wow! So harsh!

And to think the only thing that turned me of NCITA was the fact that
they don't indicate what salary range they're prepared to offer for
the positions they have available, or what actual work the successful
applicant would be involved in (there is a huge difference between
doing desktop support *and* systems administration *and* software
development for an office of 10 people vs 500).

Of course, once I saw the (Microsoft Windows, Office, etc) desktop
support component mixed in with systems administration, I lost
interest. Not my cup of tea.

Alex