[clug] Disturbing mail from Optus

Duncan Roe duncan_roe at acslink.net.au
Sat Feb 10 06:32:29 GMT 2007

Hi Michael,

I think I remember reading about Windows Live ID (at work, where I have to use
Windows) - I didn't take much notice of it at the time but I don't think it's
webmail.

Generally I don't use their webmail anyway (I use POP), but I had to go there
because their spam filter had impounded a flight itinerary I'd forwarded to
myself from my work account. The moral there might be to turn off their spam
filtering - it lets most of it through to me anyway so no great loss.

As to what they're trying to do - I'll keep the list posted as I find out more.
My impression so far is total ignorance on their part that they have any
customers not using Windows.

In Melbourne, Optus run their own cables (like TransACT), so they're rather more
than just an ISP. We have a broadband / phone package (and a good tie-in with
Optus prepay mobile as well).

Cheers ... Duncan.