[clug] Disturbing mail from Optus (re-send)

Duncan Roe duncan_roe at acslink.net.au
Sat Feb 10 00:24:54 GMT 2007

Sorry if you get this twice - sent to old anu address first time - D.

Hi everyone,

Most of you will likely not have seen this because you have TransACT in
Canberra, or ADSL or whatever. But here in Melbourne, Optus Cable has served my
needs well, until now.

The email below appears to indicate a plan to cut off all but Windoze lusers
from their webmail service.

I have already responded to their feedback URL regarding this plan. But I doubt
if one response will make any difference - even if it did refrain from being
impolite or abusive.

Perhaps anyone with an Optus home phone would like to chip in? Or what about
SLUG members? - anyone on Optus cable in Sydney?

<rant>The Linux community needs to demonstrate its numbers when the telco's
marketing departments dream up wrong-headed schemes like this one, or tolerate
second-class service. </rant>

How about it, guys?

Cheers ... Duncan.

P.S. In a separate response I suggested they publish their terms & conditions
other than as Word docs (I said pdf would be fine).

----- Forwarded message from myzoo at optusnet.com.au -----