[clug] NZ Ministry of Justice OSS paper

Robert Edwards bob at cs.anu.edu.au
Fri Dec 14 01:43:13 GMT 2007

Mike Carden wrote:
> The New Zealand ministry of Justice has made available a paper
> discussing the use of Open Source Software (and Open Standards) within
> the ministry.
>
> It's nicely put together and at nine pages is none too onerous to
> read. I recommend it.
>
> http://nzoss.org.nz/system/files/moj_oss_strategy_1.0.pdf
>

> Cheers,
>
> MC

Thanks for sending that out, Michael.

FYI, I dropped a copy of it off with Senator Lundy yesterday afternoon,
along with some other papers that we had discussed during our meeting.
I am sure that she is above most of the content of the paper, but it it
worth her knowing that yet another national-level govt. department is
serious about this. Alas, Australia is falling further and further
behind in the many opportunities that FOSS opens up for us.

Cheers,

Bob Edwards.