[clug] Asus Eee PC first impressions

Robert Edwards bob at cs.anu.edu.au
Tue Dec 11 02:05:03 GMT 2007

Ben wrote:
> On Dec 10, 2007 10:05 AM, Robert Edwards <bob at cs.anu.edu.au> wrote:
>> and the thing has been running since Saturday
>> morning (about 48 hours now) with no further issues, including a
>> couple of suspend/resume cycles.
>
> I'm assuming you're talking about suspend to RAM?
> In any case, how long does it take to suspend and resume?
>
> and what is the battery consumption like while suspended?
>
> Ben

Dunno how long it takes to suspend - you shut the lid and it suspends!
Takes a little less than 5 seconds to resume after you press the power
button (after opening the lid).

My comments yesterday were a little negative, I suspect. In it's favour,
it weighs 900g, has a clear enough display and runs for several hours on
it's battery. Probably not as good as an OLPC (B4), but not bad for
something that you can actually walk into a shop in Canberra and buy
"off-the-shelf" (at least you will be able to later this week) and runs
Linux "out-of-the-box" with everything supported. Even includes a couple
of games that I had never gotten around to installing and playing before
(but not Wesnoth!!!).

Cheers,

Bob Edwards.