[clug] Looking to buy a GPS

Ben shadroth at gmail.com
Thu Aug 30 02:23:43 GMT 2007

> The Navman N60i look alright, but I dont much bout em, so to me they all
> look good :P

I have a Navman iCS320 (upgraded to iCS330) and it sucks.

Reception is ok (not much good in Sydney CBD), but route mapping is
terrible. The Lane Cove tunnel isn't in the system and you can't
upgrade to a version with it, it tells you to do U-turns on the middle
of the pacific highway (think London circuit in Canberra, but 10x
busier) and it told me there was an onramp to the Hume Highway when
there wasn't, and the closest ramp was 15km away and I'd gone about 3k
in the wrong direction. I found a street mis-spelled the other day as
well.

I've heard good things about the Gamin units and TomTom are supposedly
doing nice open-source things overseas.

Ben