[clug] [OT] why "Do Not Call" register?

Michael James clug3 at james.st
Mon Aug 27 02:55:01 GMT 2007

On Thu, 23 Aug 2007 09:36:27 pm Sam Couter wrote:
> My favourite alternative is to keep talking to them like I'm an
> interested customer. It's not hard to string them along for quite a
> while, they're pretty desperate for a positive response. If I do this,
> I don't hang up on them. I wait for them to admit defeat and hang up on
> me.

Did you hear the recording where a technically savvy punter
 made a sparse recording of random interested noises
 and left the telemarketer talking to it?
Very amusing hear the growing anger
 as the conversation wandered off the rails..

michaelj

PS: it got pulled pretty quickly, recording without consent etc.

--
Konqueror has gotten so clever for its own boots
  that it has forgotten what a web browser is for.