[clug] [OT] why "Do Not Call" register?

Robert Edwards bob at cs.anu.edu.au
Thu Aug 23 01:51:28 GMT 2007

If you do have caller-ID and a computer monitoring the phone, you can
have the machine announce who is calling you (using eg. the Festival
voice synthesizer) before you get up to answer it (think iptables).

I did have this (almost) going at home some years ago, but I notice that
MythTV can do it as well, so one day I'll set that up instead.

I think that asterisk has some plugin or other option to do similar.

Cheers,

Bob Edwards.