[clug] Ubuntu 7.04

Randall Crook rcrook at vtown.com.au
Sat Apr 28 11:40:54 GMT 2007

Hi All,

Quit note to let you know the problems I had with the Feisty upgrade
from edgy.

All went relatively well... thought two things stuck out as a pain.

1. The Intel HDA sound I have on my Toshiba came up half the controls
missing in the mixer and at half the volume. Found a lot of people
had the same issue and a fix was easy on the Ubuntu forum.

2. A really kicker because I haven't found a fix yet is the card reader
on my Toshiba. Getting lots of errors when i plug an sd card in to
it. It worked really well under edgy but getting lots of interface
errors on feisty.

Will need to keep an eye on the bug reports for a patch.

All in all it seems pretty good.

Randall.