[clug] Ubuntu 7.04

Michael Cohen michael.cohen at netspeed.com.au
Sat Apr 28 10:44:41 GMT 2007

Rodney,
  I have a CF/IDE adapter which makes the CF look exactly like a hdd. It
  connects to a regular PATA cable. I think its nothing but a connection
  adapter because the CF itself supports ATA and appears like an IDE device.
  This kind of CF device will always boot because as far as the mobo is
  concerned its a hdd. Similarly installation on it is identical to installing
  on a hdd. (only caveat is i think it does not support slave mode so you can
  only have one of those per bus)

  I think if you do a google for a CF/IDE adapter you could get some options.
  If you like I can try to find its exact model number/manufacturer. I think it
  cost about $20 quite a few years ago.

  Michael.