[clug] Ubuntu 7.04

Pilcher, Fred Fred.Pilcher at act.gov.au
Thu Apr 26 01:42:00 GMT 2007

Mike wrote:

> But... I read recently (Mark Shuttleworth's blog? I can't recall) that
> Beryl is meant to be a 'single checkbox install' on Feisty. Has anyone
> seen this? I haven't seen any such checkbox.

It'd be great. Under my initial installation of SuSE 10.2 on the lappy, it was just that.

I shouldn't complain too much - it's only eye candy after all. The important stuff works really well, though it'd be nice if the single checkbox installation was available and reliable.

Forgive my newbie ignorance, but can't the Ubuntu folks just use the work that the SuSE folks have done to get it working, or is there something deeper than that?

In the great scheme of things I'd rather see the Bluetooth bug fixed, since it's a functional issue. From what I read, people have been submitting bug reports on it at least since Dapper Drake.

Cheers,

Fred