[CLUG] April Canberra Linux Users Group meeting

Chris u4123459 at anu.edu.au
Wed Apr 25 09:20:41 GMT 2007

Canberra Linux Users Group Meeting - 26th April 2007

Date:       26th April 2007 (Fourth Thursday of the month)

Time:       19:00 - 21:00 (or when it finishes)

Speaker:    Paul Wayper, Andrew Loughhead and everyone

Abstract:   Paul will give us a talk on DAR (http://dar.linux.free.fr) <http://dar.linux.free.fr%29>, a shell command that backs up directory trees and
            files.

            Followed by Andrew's talk on OpenStreetMap. OpenStreetMap seeks to be a counterpart to Wikipedia, it has a
            distinct focus in its provision of geographical information, which is provided and maintained by the collective
            effort of its contributors.
            Andrew is a contributor to the OpenStreetMap project.

            Finally we will have a free discussion of the recently released Distros, e,g Debian Etch, Feisty Ubuntu and
            OpenSuse 10.2, etc

Venue:      Room N101

            Computer Science and Information Technology Building
            North Road
            The Australian National University

            See http://clug.org.au/ for more directions and a map

Food/drink:
            Pizza and soft drink/juice. Come hungry and bring about $6 to cover the cost of your share if you want some.

If you would like to give a talk at a future meeting, please email me.