[clug] Higher level CGI frameworks?

Jason j.lee.nielsen at gmail.com
Tue Apr 24 10:27:01 GMT 2007

I really think if you want one package to do everything (which most people probably dont) django is what your looking for. I suggest spending a day or two learning python, going through a bunch of tutorials, there isnt that much magic in python and all the modules have really good docs on the python.org site. If you get stuck on anything in particular you can ask me or on the pySIG list. I havent done much with django since we use a lot of inhouse stuff at work, I use cheetah for templating and sqlObject for database access but the idea of one package that ties it all together and has admin and debug messages is tempting enough for me to look at django in my spare time.

Jason