[clug] hot-swap (hotplug) sata, Intel ICH7 controller

Chris Smart chris at kororaa.org
Tue Apr 24 07:54:41 GMT 2007

Hi Steve,

Not sure about udev and the dead disk not disappearing from the swap raid
device, but a way around this could be to use swapfile inside your root
raid device instead of a swap device?

i.e:
dd if=/dev/zero of=/swap bs=1024 count=1048576
mkswap /swap
echo "/swap swap swap defaults 0 0" >> /etc/fstab
swapon /swap

-c