[clug] Linux friendly network IP camera

Kim Holburn kim.holburn at gmail.com
Wed Apr 18 07:25:45 GMT 2007

On 2007/Apr/18, at 8:52 AM, Pietro Abate wrote:
>> Also, a bit off topic, but does anyone know what the laws are
>> regarding use of web cameras on private property and also in
>> circumstances where there may be some coverage of public areas (say
>> outside the front of a a house). No audio would be recorded, nor
>> would
>> the video stream be publicly available.
> I reckon it's ok unless a band start playing outside your house and
> then sue you for copyright infringement :)

I don't think so.  If they are performing in a public place then they
can be recorded.  On the other hand if someone were to pass by with a
getto blaster or a TV then you might not be able to make the
resulting recording public ;-)  I don't think that there is any law
against recording though.

Take with the usual grain, IANAL etc.

--
Kim Holburn