[clug] ATX system fan connectors

Michael Still mikal at stillhq.com
Mon Apr 2 00:07:51 GMT 2007

Hi.

I've just finished getting the front LCD panel and remote control
working on my new Zalman HD160 media center case. Now I want to do
something about the noisy 2 * 80 mm system fans. The problem is, I know
nothing about variable speed fan control.

So, I want some sort of thingie that takes the system fan connector on
the ATX mother board, and uses that to spin up or down the case fans
(which can be powered from four pin molex).

Do such things exist?

ObLinux: it's a MythTV machine of course.

Mikal