[clug] Re:mirror.pacific.net.au

Rodney Peters rpeters at pcug.org.au
Thu Sep 28 04:39:32 GMT 2006

re whether mirror.pacific.net.au actually has the package, attempting a
download from Sourceforge.net or a few other FOSS sources will generally give
you a choice of mirrors.  mirror.pacific.net.au is the only mirror listed in
Oz.  I've never attempted to trace whether the download came from the mirror
or was transparently re-directed elsewhere.

My larger beef with mirror.pacific.net.au is that too many largish downloads
from it are faulty - fail md5 , even without interruption of the link.  I've
noticed this particularly with OpenOffice, yet repeating the download from
planetmirror or openoffice.org invariably succeeds.

Rod