[clug] Short-term programmer wanted for cross-platform development in CBR

Douglas Aberdeen doug.aberdeen at anu.edu.au
Thu Sep 28 04:49:21 GMT 2006

Dear CLUG,

Please forgive the job advertising on this email list, but I hope it
will benefit members.

The statistical machine learning (SML) group of National ICT
Australia (NICTA) http://sml.nicta.com.au are looking for a full-time
or casual C++ programmers. The job is in canberra, starting ASAP, and
finishing by Dec 31 this year. This could suit someone between jobs,
or perhaps a student who can start casual work and move to full time
after exams.

SML is an exciting environment with an international team of people
who are experts in the field of machine learning, but who are also
very good programmers, interested in making machine learning tools
accessible to the world.

We have a number of programming tasks that are needed to assist with
our academic work, and which may generate commercial opportunities.
The main jobs are in developing extremely novel GUIs for project
planning under uncertainty, and in implementing machine learning
algorithms in Python.

Essential skills are:
* Confident C++ skills OR confident Python skills.
* Confident with Linux (or OSX) and open source development tools
(GCC/Makefiles/Subversion/Doxygen, etc).

Desirable skills:
* Experience with the Trolltech Qt GUI libraries.
* Some experience with OSX and Windows for recompilation of the tool
on those platforms.
* Some maths background (discrete maths, linear algebra, statistics,
physics)

The pay rate will be approximately full time equivalent  of 40-60k
per year, commensurate with the skills of the programmer.

Although this job must end at Dec 31 due to budgetary constraints,
NICTA is frequently on the lookout for people with great development
skills in a Linux environment.

If you're interested, please email me your CV, and clearly state when
you could start and your preferred hours per week, and any
constraints you have until 2007. There is no deadline, however no
appointments will be made till second week of October.

Please pass this ad onto anyone who might be interested.

Thank you!

--
Dr Douglas Aberdeen
Senior Researcher

National ICT Australia Limited
Locked Bag 8001
Canberra ACT 2601
Tel. +61 2 6125 8647
Fax. +61 2 6125 8645
Email. doug.aberdeen at anu.edu.au
Web. http://sml.nicta.com.au/~daa

The imagination driving Australia's ICT future.

To receive the latest NICTA information register at http://
nicta.com.au/registration.cfm