[clug] share speaker through bluetooh or network?

Paul Wayper paul.wayper at anu.edu.au
Thu Sep 14 00:13:31 GMT 2006

Kim Holburn wrote:
> Last Tuesday in the gadget section at the back of the Australian IT
> section they had 2 pairs of bluetooth headphones.  They had a small
> bluetooth dongle you could plug into your TV and you could pair the
> headphones with your phone and laptop as well at the same time.  If it
> could be done with headphones it could be done with a bluetooth sound
> card.  Is there such a thing?  I just got a USB sound card recently.
> It's like a USB headset but has jacks to plug in your own headphones.
One of them's probably the BlueAnt X5 - what's the other?

Kate and I tried on a pair of the BlueAnt X5s at Dick Smith Belconnen
yesterday.  They're certainly not as comfortable as I'd hoped - I think
they're made for smaller heads than ours.  They're reasonable, but I
think they'd get very uncomfortable before the end of the extended
edition of the Lord Of The Rings, if you see what I mean.  They include
one powerpack and one USB charger lead, one USB interface to provide
your computer with a bluetooth audio sink, a plug-in microphone, and a
couple of audio cables and bits and pieces.  All yours for $179.

Me, I'm still looking out for a more comfortable version.

Have fun,

Paul