[clug] Detecting malicious former employees

Leigh Finch leigh at leighfinch.net
Mon Sep 11 06:10:19 GMT 2006

Hi All,
This is frequently a good idea, but seldom done in many companies, keep
a terminal open with root logged in (on the console, or via ssh ), just
in case root's password mysteriously changes (not that you couldn't
reset the password if you had to, it's just downtime.)

Note: Obviously precautions need to be taken as well, such as locking
the cabinet/server room or what not.

Cheers
Leigh