[UNCLASSIFIED]RE: [clug] Detecting malicious former employees

Antti.Roppola at brs.gov.au Antti.Roppola at brs.gov.au
Mon Sep 11 06:31:01 GMT 2006

Hi all,

Also consider what *other* accounts said person might have had su access to.
For example: ISPs, hosting providers, telcos, generic system logins (i.e. "oracle"),
un-documented/defunct/departed/stupid user accounts, cronjobs, web interfaces,
databases etc. etc. etc.

Perhaps close things off as you are able and secure the log host and firewall logs so
that if anything odd happens, there'll be a record. Set some kind of tripwire up on
something they are likely to try monkey with.

Hopefully they are sane enough to realise that any stunts might complicate their
future ability to find work. It's the sort of thing that is career limiting when
it appears in a police check.

Antti