[clug] Software Freedom Day

Chris Smart chris at kororaa.org
Sat Sep 9 12:38:06 GMT 2006

On Saturday 09 September 2006 08:28, Michael Cohen wrote:
> Just a quick email to thank all those that gave their day for SFD. I was
> there for a short time and was extremely impressed by the amount of work
> that went into organising the booth. I was also impressed by the variety of
> software on show - the blender movie was awesome.
Yes I agree. Well done to everyone who was involved, it was excellent!

> BTW The Kororaa demo was awesome too - very impressive piece of work. There
> was a mention that the new live cd was used to power the dell inspiron 6400
> (apparently it was just recently released). Does anyone know how I can get
> a copy of the live cd? The Kororra site only has install cds (or is that
> the same thing?)
I think I can probably answer that one :) I have taken the 0.2 livecd offline
because of the GPL violations due to the inclusion of pre-compiled nVidia and
ATI non-GPL drivers. The demo cd you saw was a result of work until 2am last
night, but 0.3 isn't quite ready yet. I hope to have it finished before I
head overseas on Tuesday, so stay tuned. The install cds are for Kororaa
2005, which is a binary install of Gentoo, not the livecd you are after.

Cheers,
Chris