[clug] linux on laptops

Adrian Blake adrian.blake at ieee.org
Tue Sep 5 11:23:51 GMT 2006

Has anyone had any good or bad experiences with installing and running Linux on any of these machines. They are at the lower end
of the market.

My daughter wants to purchase one and she has been brought up on Linux for over 10 years. She is just a user, her only experience
  with windoz has been at high school.

Her main applications will be Openoffice, gimp, e-mail, browsing & transferring music from CDs to her mp3 player.

Compaq v4407TU
toshiba satellite M50 M00
toshiba A100 HooNB
ACER 1642ZWLMi

viewing http://www.linux-on-laptops.com/ does not give precise information on these models but reading between the lines suggest
that they will work. Before purchasing I hope to run a live Linux CD such as Ubuntu on each.

Any other suggestions are welcome.

Adrian
--
Adrian Blake