[clug] Smallest laptop

Steven Hanley sjh at svana.org
Wed Nov 29 03:52:55 GMT 2006

On Wed, Nov 29, 2006 at 02:45:17PM +1100, Tim Potter wrote:
> On Wed, 2006-11-29 at 14:13 +1100, Michael Neuling wrote:
> > > What's the smallest, lightest laptop that gives you
> > >  at least 1024x768, wifi, and a typeable keyboard?
> >
> > I have a ThinkPad X60s which has a 12inch 1024x768 screen and weighs
> > 1.4Kg (1.1Kg without the battery).  wifi works and the keyboard is
> > really nice.
>
> And in the other corner is the HP nc2400 which has approximately the
> same specs.
>
> > > Bonus points for Linux friendliness...
> >
> > Ubuntu Dapper installed without any issues.
>
> Don't have one myself but Some Guy reported that Ubuntu installs on this
> model with no problems as well.

I wonder which company people work for <g> </tic>

It is interesting to note in the small laptops test in APC in October issue
had the IBM come out tops by far in battery life (8h33 minutes with no
special changes) and the HP was kind of middle of the road.

If you can get your hands on a copy of October APC have a read (we have it
here in tSG if you are coming past)

	See You
	    Steve

--